Discoloration of wood or fiberboard siding
Moisture damage can cause discoloration of wood or fiberboard siding. This can be caused by leaks in the siding, condensation within the walls, and rainwater splashing back up against the siding.
- Check the caulking and replace any worn or damaged caulk. Use ASTM C-920 caulk. Make sure that any weep holes or drain holes are open and clear.
- Make sure that relative humidity levels are not too high inside the house.
- Check for ice dams and roof leaks.
- Prevent splash back around the house by adding grass, rounded stones or deflectors.
- Check that sprinklers are adjusted away from the house, not towards the siding.